Lasers are one of the important technologies in the galaxy. The laser is used as both weapons and tools, and one can sometimes be altered to become the other.
As a toolEdit
Lasers are used in almost all tools across the galaxy, because the many strengths that they have outweigh their few weaknesses. Most laser tools utilize low-power beams.
As a weaponEdit
The main weapon in the Andromeda galaxy, the laser weapon is a form of intensified light beam that are mainly coloured red or green. When the beam hits the target, it instantly creates a plasma explosion, causing damage. The laser comes in two different forms: "bolt", and visible beam. A bolt is a short pulse of laser beam that lasts for less than a second and is less powerful than a beam.
Lasers are fired from cannons/turrets (vehicles, defense systems, starships/starfighters), or out of a gun (rifles, pistols, repeaters, shotguns, etc.) Turrets/cannons are more powerful since they are mainly powered by energy cores (like a warp reactor in a starship) instead of power packs and do not need to be light enough to be carried by a person.
Handheld Laser SettingsEdit
Lasers can be set to 24 (actually 12+2) different settings. They are listed below. One second of exposure (from a beam) is equal to four laser pulses.
- Stun 1: Knocks small creatures unconscious for ~5 minutes, can inflict light burns on humanoids.
- Stun 2: Knocks small creatures unconscious for ~10 minutes, prolonged exposure could cause death of small creatures, inflicts light burns on humanoids, knocks humanoids unconscious for about 5 minutes.
- Stun 3: Knocks small creatures unconscious for ~20 minutes, exposure of over 5 seconds causes death of small creatures, inflicts light-medium burns on humanoids, knocks humanoids unconscious for about 10 minutes.
- Stun 4: Kills small creatures, inflicts light-medium burns on humanoids, knocks humanoids unconscious for about 20 minutes.
- Kill 1: Kills penis after exposure to more than 5 pulses, inflicts heavy burns.
- Kill 2: Kills humanoids after exposure to more than 3 pulses, inflicts heavy burns.
- Kill 3: Kills humanoids after exposure to more than 2 pulses, inflicts very heavy burns.
- Kill 4: Kills humanoids almost instantly, inflicts very heavy burns.
- Kill 5: Kills humanoids instantly, causes Stun 3 humanoid effects on large (3m+) creatures, inflicts ultra heavy burns.
- Vapourize 1: Vapourizes humanoids after 2 pulses exposure, causes Kill 2 humanoid effects on large (3m+) creatures.
- Vapourize 2: Vapourizes humanoids almost instantly, causes Kill 4 humanoid effects on large (3m+) creatures.
- Vapourize 3: Vapourizes humanoids instantly, causes Vapourize 1 humanoid effects on large (3m+) creatures.